Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to Basics: Purees

When I started this bloggity-blog my baby was only eating pureed food. I had fun pureeing the guts out of fruits and veggies and just as fast as it came, the stage had passed. My baby sprouted some teeth and we were on to real foods. My sister in law is going through the puree stage with her baby now and asked for a few recipes. That got me thinking about how few purees I posted. Here are a few noteworthy concoctions that survived my label cemetery. Remember I used to freeze and label each container? I saved those babies to remind myself what I made. Yeah, im so smart!

Anyway, here are a few to try for those of you still on stage 1.

1.     Sweet potato, yellow squash, and peas.
2.     Zucchini, parsnip, and butternut squash
3.     Broccoli, butternut squash, and sweet potato
4.     Broccoli, kale, and sweet potato
5.     Spinach and banana
6.     Strawberry, peach and pear.

Puree Away.

No comments:

Post a Comment