Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tilapia Tomatoes and Basil

This dish sounds too grown up for babies, but trust me, the taste is very mild and tilapia is the least fishy tasting fish.

I picked up the ingredients at 4:05, got home and dinner was ready at 4:28.
Its super easy, super fast and best of all looks like it took more time than it did. I win.

4 big tomatoes
4 cloves garlic mashed
Handful of Fresh basil leaves
Cumin to taste
Tiny tiny bit of freshly ground pepper

1.  Rough chop the tomatoes, mash the garlic and shred the basil.
2. Saute the garlic in olive oil for 2 min.
3. Add the tomatoes. Let it get juicy.
4. When the tomatoes look saucy, like your great aunt kathy, toss in the basil.
5. Add the tilapia, pour tomato and juice over the fillets, cover and cook for 4 minutes.

I like to let it sit without the fire on for another few minutes just to reduce the risk of food poisoning.
I suggest removing all the tomatoes and basil and just flaking the fish for baby, serve the other fillet to your hungry husband with wild rice and a nice salad and give him the"I was so busy today BUT I still made dinner so I get to watch the real housewives reunion part 1 AND 2 tonight" look.

Et Voila!

1 comment: