Thursday, August 25, 2011

Coconut Carrot Zucchini Muffins


So I have some earth shattering news. No, its not about the earthquake that hit NYC the other day that apparently everyone but me felt. It’s about my baby. He’s going dairy, wheat and gluten free for the next few weeks due to some allergies we are experiencing. We will resume normal programming, however the content will be altered accordingly.
You can use the recipes as is or change them up for your own babies needs, like instead of rice flour you can use regular flour and so on and so forth.
I may seem calm about this whole thing but it really has shaken up our “eating schedule”. I’m trying not to have a panic attack. Snack time for the past 2 months has been yogurt and fruit. Simple, transportable, no need to be heated up…it was a nice balance. Im currently testing out almond and coconut based yogurts but I wanted to make muffins to break up the routine. I can also use these for breakfast and my husband likes them too…hey look at me im so diverse.

1 ½ cup white rice flour
½ cup coconut flour
1/2 tspn cinnamon
a sprinkle o’ nutmeg
a sprinkle o’ ginger
1 tsp baking powder
1 larger carrot
1 medium zucchini
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup raw agave
3 eggs

1.     Mix the flours, spices and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
2.     Peel the carrot, wash the zucchini and grate together in bowl numero 2.
3.     Mix together the coconut oil, applesauce, agave and whisked eggs in bowl 3.
4.     Mix bowl 3 with bowl 1 then add bowl 2, got it? Good.
5.     Mix mix mix.
6.     Grease muffin tins, add mixture bake at 325 for an hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment