Monday, August 1, 2011

Blueberry and Banana Pancakes

Before my baby was born, my husband and I never ate breakfast together. I’m the rooster in our relationship, getting up at the crack of dawn and he’s more like the vampire. Now that he’s forced to be up early, we’ve adopted the habit of making breakfast and actually sitting down at our table and eating together. At first I kind of felt like the partridge family, thinking “look at us all grown up with a baby sitting down having eggs and coffee, listening to a record, reading the paper…were so typical, were so OLD” But now I kind of love it and cant wait for our weekend breakfast sessions.
I know its Monday and the weekend seems so far away, but here’s a recipe for delicious pancakes that wont make you feel so bad about yourself and your baby will love it too.

1 cup Arrowhead Mills organic pancake mix
1 organic free range brown egg
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Agave
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp almond milk
Handful of blueberries
Sliced banana

Organic virgin coconut oil
100% pure and organic dark maple syrup (not for baby)

Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Add more almond milk if you think its too thick.
Fry in coconut oil.



No comments:

Post a Comment