So here’s the deal. My family, as in my husband baby and I, have been trying out dairy free and gluten free for our own personal reasons and have found it works for us. Im not trying to change your mind about how you eat, this is just what makes us feel better. Its really is just as simple as that.
I have to admit I was a little worried about how this would come out, especially since real cheesy lasagna is such a hard dish to live up to. BUT, it was epic. Buttery, flavorful, decadent…it was pretty amazing. We finished the entire thing in a day and a half, baby devoured it and my husband asked if I could keep lasagna inventory in the freezer.
You can always use your regular noodles and real cheese for this dish.
Vegetable and Cheese Lasagna
1 Small onion chopped
1 ½ large zucchini cubed with peel on for nutrients
Half pint grape tomatoes halved
1 Pkg mushrooms peeled and sliced
1 10 oz frozen spinach package defrosted and drained well
1 Jar marinara sauce
1 Pkg rice lasagna noodles
1 Bag Daiya Mozzarella cheese
1 Big ass pyrex
1. Saute the onion in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach.
3. Stir the veggies until they are coated in oil and simmer with cover on until all veggies are soft.
4. Pour a layer of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the pyrex.
5. Layer noodles. Keep it neat!
6. Add sautéed veggies.
7. Sprinkly cheese to cover.
8. Add some sauce.
9. Layer noodles, veggies, cheese and sauce.
Call me if you get confused 917-583-4044.10. Finish with cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350 for about an hour.
If you would like to know more about feeling better and taking control of your body and life you can start by reading (one of many books out there) Kathy Freston Veganist