Monday, October 24, 2011

Powerhouse Breakfast

We went to a farm and picked a pumpkin a few weeks ago. The pumpkin has been sitting in my kitchen staring at me in the face ever since. I had no clue what to do with it, how do you even get started? Do I need a hammer?
I looked at it, knocked on it, patted it, turned it around and was finally ready to start cutting into it when I saw something that looked like mold growth.
My neurosis kicked into overdrive. This is so not happening. I placed the little pumpkin next to the garbage can and slowly walked away.

For the pumpkin advocates out there, I have to assure you that this pumpkins life was not in vain. It inspired this powerhouse fall flavored breakfast recipe that my baby INHALED.

½ millet or quinoa
1 ¼ cup almond milk
1 cup pumpkin or winter squash puree
Agave and cinnamon to your liking


Combine all ingredients and cook together for about 20 minutes.
You can add more almond milk if its too thick.

What a great way to start your babys morning. Super healthy, filling and seriously delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment