Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chia Seed Pudding


I don’t know about you but until recently I only knew of chia from those genius chia pet heads a million years ago. A few weeks ago I fell in love with chia seed pudding at the juice press (kind of obsessed with this place) and my baby and I loved it. I did some research and was blown away by the health benefits of this seed. I rarely eat fish and my baby is basically limited to salmon, mostly because I’m still wary of the effect of pollution on fish and all that radioactive stuff. So, when I found that chia seeds are crazy rich in omega-3s I knew I had to make this a staple in our diet. By weight, chia contains more omega-3 than salmon, is packed with antioxidants, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, and zinc.


Chia is a very diverse little seed. You can sprinkle ground or whole chia seeds on cereal, on yogurt, salads, eat them as a snack, or grind them and mix them with flour if you’re making muffins or other baked goods. Most of the time you wont even taste them and you’re packing your body with omega-3s.


My first experiment with the lovely chia is pudding.
Seriously so easy anyone can make it, it requires ZERO effort.

2 tbs chia seeds
½ cup almond milk room temp so it can get puddingish better
½ tspn agave
dash cinammon

whisk really well and let it sit in fridge for at least 15 min.


*** My version is not as good as The Juice Press. I will be working out the creaminess texture in the future and will notify you of all progress made. However I do believe this is a good start. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. hi michali.
    big fan and so proud of you.
    i'm going to get chia seeds right now.
    you inspire me.
    i'm not kidding!

    ReplyDelete