Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My baby's hungry and I have to feed him.

When a baby is first born things are pretty simple. 
Milk in, poop out. 
Then things start to get a little more advanced. You start with the white. Rice cereal, oatmeal...you think "hey i can handle this, no big deal, my babys hungry and I can feed him!"After what seem like 10 minutes of a stress free feeding schedule your doctor tells you that your little bundle of white rice and decent smelling poop is ready for his fruits and veggies. Shit hits like a ton of bricks, literally. What kind of fruits? You mean he can eat ALL the vegetables in the world? Which ones are good? How do you make it? How much in a serving size? What nutrients does my baby need? What if hes still hungry? What if his brain doesn't grow right because I don't feed him properly? Such are the questions a conscious mother would ask herself when confronted with the reality that her babys development relies heavily on the nutrition she provides. So, being the neurotic, OCD and paranoid mother that I am I decided then and there that I would give my baby the best food in the world! Sounds great, but I dont even feed myself properly. I thrive on takeout and frozen burritos. I have to admit, the first months of simple purees werent so bad. Pureed sweet potato, squash, zuchinni, carrots, apple, pear...I pretty much had him on a Hollywood diet. But recently, I noticed him grabbing and eating my spicy pickles and sipping from my coffee cup (all true stories I swear) so I knew I had to take it up a notch and really start mixing it up. Join me, while I feed my hungry baby the best most organic most healthy shit in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty soon we will have no control over what they eat!!! I was like that with my daughter Liat, but now that she is 2 1/2 years old I am lucky if I can get her to eat anything other than (pasta, cereal, strawberries,soy milk,cucumbers,challah,cheese, yogurt, oh and sometimes pizza) that is basically what her diet consists of. She refuses to eat meat, chicken, or fish, Yet she still develops and grows and is very well nourished its amazing.

    Feed him the heathly stuff as long as you can because pretty soon he wont let you anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete