Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Peach Apple and Brown Rice

I usually use earths best organic whole grain rice cereal which is made with brown rice, but since my baby has a few teeth I wanted to try something with more texture.

Peach Apple and Brown Rice

1 apple
1 peach
¼ cup brown rice
1 cup water

Grind rice until its almost a powder, or if you think your baby can handle it, leave it lumpy.
Peel and cube 1 apple
Peel and cube 1 peach

I’m sure there’s a smart way to peel a peach, maybe if you boil it first the peel will slide off. I’m not sure and too impatient to find out so I butchered the peach.
 

Steam the apple and peach.
Meanwhile cook the brown rice in water
I made the mistake of taking out the rice too fast (impatient again), it could have used a few more minutes so I had to puree this very smooth.


Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment