Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One of Those Days

Its only 10:30 and I can tell its already going to be one of those days.
My second recipe flopped, one chicken fruit disaster late last night and one lentil pasty concoction early this morning, milk exploded out of my darling nespresso, the kitchen is a warzone, pictures wont upload to the blog, my baby wont nap…
Im trying the whole close your eyes, breathe in and out technique but all I can do is think about all the things I have to do.
Basic things like wash my hair, make my bed, take the garbage out, laundry…the list goes on and on.
Do you ever have one of these days? How do you stay calm in a shitstorm?

5 comments:

  1. Ways to stay calm in a shitstorm:
    1. put the baby in the crib and go take a shower.
    2. put baby in the stroller and go for a walk. Making the bed will have to wait until later, or until the next day.
    3. give your baby a small handful of cheerios or blueberries (cut in half for those who are not master chewers). This works for me like a charm at changing her mood.
    4. call your husband and beg him to come home early so that you can leave the baby with him and go for a pedicure, or walk around the block 6 times.
    Everyone has these days and tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who watches the baby when you leave him in the crib to take a shower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep calm and carry on... keep on keeping on

    ReplyDelete
  4. if your baby can get out of the crib by him/herself then you've got bigger problems.

    ReplyDelete